Monday, February 2, 2009

What has three million toes and walks more than a million miles each year?


We do.

The biggest event that we participate in each year is the MS Walk. We have a team, the JIGGYWIGGITS, and this is our third year of being in the Walk. With our family and friends, we have been able to accomplish great things. In fact, we have twice been recognized as among the Top 100 fundraisers in the country. Last year I was also recognized as the “Most Inspirational Walker” at the Greater L.A. area Walk around the Rose Bowl. Personally, I don’t know if I am the most inspirational or not. What I do know is that I am inspired.

Participating in this event has taught me a few things. They are:

Almost everybody wants to help. Most people just don’t know what they can do.
If everybody does a little, eventually a lot gets done.
If you don’t ask, you don’t get.


So I am asking you to help. I am asking you to donate. There are no small donations. I am asking you to join a Walk. In the next few months there will be more than 500 Walks taking place all across America. Even if you truly cannot afford a $5 or $10 donation, walk anyway. More walkers mean that we are bringing attention to this disease and increased awareness is a first step. Besides, I will bet you $5 that you know at least two people who will give you $10 if you do the Walk ! Now that’s progress.

Walk because you can.
Walk because somebody else can’t.
Walk to make a difference in the world.


Join or donate to our team, the JIGGYWIGGITS
If you live in Southern California, than join us. We have fun, we have food and we are one of the largest teams at the event. If you can’t be with us, please support us in reaching this year’s Team Goal of $ 50,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment